1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Can substitute chicken breast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 lbs boneless pork shoulder, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3/4 cup chopped green onion, including some tender green tops
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 cups chicken stock or 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (low-sodium if you like)
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 cup fresh peas or 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in a big skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add in pork; stir/saute for 5-10 minutes or until pork is browned; transfer to a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- 3In the same skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon oil.
- 4Add in onions and mushrooms; stir/saute for 5 minutes or until tender.
- 5Stir in rice, stock, orange juice, soy sauce, ginger, and orange zest.
- 6Bring mixture to a boil; pour over pork in the casserole dish.
- 7Cover and bake in a 350° oven for about 45 minutes or until the rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- 8Stir in peas; cook, uncovered for 10 more minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Pork, Peas, and Mushrooms With Rice
Serving Size: 1 (347 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 613.6
- Calories from Fat 338
- Total Fat 37.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 109.8 mg
- Sodium 726.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 32.7 g