Recipe by English_Rose
Fresh, zingy meatballs served with an oriental dipping sauce – great party food for family or friends. Time does not include 30 mins chilling time.
- 2 tablespoons clear honey
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 lb ground pork
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons lemongrass, very finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil, for frying
FOR THE ORIENTAL DIPPING SAUCE
- 1 teaspoon cilantro, finely chopped
- 3 scallions, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Make the meatballs:.
- Gently warm the honey in a non-stick frying pan, add the fish sauce and stir to make a syrup. Leave to cool.
- Put pork in a bowl and fold in honey syrup, scallions, garlic, lemongrass, cornstarch, mint and cilantro.
- Mix and season with salt and lots of black pepper.
- Shape into 20 balls and put on a tray lined with greaseproof paper. Chill for 30 minutes
- To make the sauce, mix all the ingredients together, then set aside.
- Brush the balls with olive oil and fry for 3-4 mins each side.
- Serve with the sauce.