Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is an Asian style marinade for pork chunks that happens to be sugar free. Skewer the pork chunks to either broil or bbq. Serve with white or brown rice and with an Asian-flavored cabbage salad with rice vinegar and ginger.
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of (or of one whole lime)
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated or minced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, grated or minced
- 3 garlic cloves, grated or minced
- 4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 cardamom pods, crushed
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 lbs pork, cut into chunks
- Mix all ingredients.
- Add pork and toss to coat. Refrigerate 1-3 hours.
- Skewer pork and bbq or broil until done--doneness will depend on the size of the pork chunks and how far from your heat source you are. I usually do 1-1 1/2" chunks and broil 3-4" from the heat for 5-6 minutes per side.
We really enjoyed this recipe. I love the blending of Asian flavors. I also marinated some eggplant cubes, fantastic flavor! thanks.