1/1 Photo of Asian Pork Kofte With Sweet Limed Slaw
This is an Asian take on a Middle Eastern dish. It's best when a mouthful consists of a bit of kofte and a bit of slaw! You could also wrap it up in flatbread to make an Asian kebab. To slice and julienne the salad vegetables use a mandolin grater for the best effect.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Crush and finely chop the garlic.
- 2Grind the star anise into powder
- 3Combine both with the minced pork.
- 4Add half of the coriander and half of the mint, the red dried chili, and mix well.
- 5Add salt and pepper.
- 6Form meat mixture into four long patties.
- 7Heat oil in deep frypan.
- 8Place patties in frypan and cook, turning when done. Don't press them as they cook because this dries out the meat.
- 9While they cook, do the salad.
- 10Thinly slice the cabbage until you have a cup of it.
- 11Thinly julienne the spring onion on the diagonal.
- 12Peel the carrot and grate it into straws, or chop it very finely.
- 13Finely slice the red capsicum.
- 14Place vegetables with the rest of the coriander and the mint in a large bowl.
- 15Add some salt and pepper.
- 16Mix lime juice and palm sugar in a mortar with a pestle.
- 17Dress the salad with the sweet lime juice.
- 18Serve the patties with the salad on the side.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Pork Kofte With Sweet Limed Slaw
Serving Size: 1 (473 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 861.9
- Calories from Fat 607
- Total Fat 67.4 g
- Saturated Fat 20.8 g
- Cholesterol 180.0 mg
- Sodium 189.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 45.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: