Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great recipe for nights that you're pressed for time. Really easy & really yummy.
- 2 medium carrots, peeled & julienned
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced
- 5 -6 green onions with tops, sliced
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin or 2 lbs chicken, sliced into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons Asian seasoning, mix
- 4 (85 g) packages oriental-flavor instant ramen noodles
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 cups water
- Combine meat with sesame oil, Asian seasoning mix and 2 of the instant noodle seasoning packets. mix well.
- Add oil to a large skillet (12"); heat over medium-high heat. Add half the meat. cook & stir 2-3 minutes/until browned; remove from skillet and keep warm. Repeat with remaining meat.
- Add carrots and bell pepper to skillet. Cook 2 minutes/until tender crisp.
- Add water and remaining seasoning packets; stir to loosen browned bits from the bottom of the skillet.
- Add noodles and white parts of onion to skillet.
- Cover; simmer 4-5 minutes/until noodles are softened.
- Add the meat; remove skillet from heat and let stand covered 3/4 minutes (until meat is heated through).
- Garnish with green onion tops.
I saw this recipe in one of my mother in laws cooking magazines. I could not wait to try it, but unfortunately was unable to find the pampered chef Asian seasoning ANYWHERE!!! I did find a recipe for a substitute Garlic, dried red pepper flakes, sesame, ginger and chives. Mix it all together and it is as close to the PC Asian Spice as you can get!
Very good stir fry, but I didn't have the PC Asian Seasoning so I had to do some tweaking to get it to taste just right.
Made this last night for dinner. I had been out all day but had marinated the chicken in the morning and cut up the carrot, red bell pepper, added some sliced celery and of course garlic and onion so it was ready when I got home. Next time I might add some waterchestnuts for a little more crunch (suggested by DH). I did add some minced garlic to the chicken marinade and a little ginger as well. This is an easy, quick and delicious meal that I will definately fall back on again and again. Thank you!! Made for Zaar Alphabet Soup tag game 2009-2010.