Prep 25 mins
Cook 13 mins
BHG's Recipe. An Asian take on the American favorite.
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dry roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, snipped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb ground lean pork
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1⁄3 cup sweet chili sauce (Asian or regular bottled chili sauce)
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 French rolls or 4 hamburger buns
- 1 cup bok choy, shredded
- chopped peanuts (for garnish)
- In a medium bowl combine onion, peanuts, cilantro,ginger, 3 cloves of garlic, red pepper, and salt.
- Add pork and mix well.
- shape into 4 patties.
- brush patties with sesame oil, cover and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine chili sauce, peanut butter, and 1 clove of garlic, set aside.
- For a charcoal grill: place patties on rack of uncovered grill directly over medium coals. grill for 10 to 13 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers 160 degrees F., turning halfway through grilling.
- For gas grill: preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place patties on grill rack of heat. Cover;grill as above.
- Toast rolls. For each serving, place bok choy on roll bottom. top with a patty, sauce, additional chopped peanuts, and the bun top.