Recipe by mailbelle
Use Progresso Light Soup as the base for this, add some fresh veggies, a little pork, and some brown rice and you've got a quick and healthy meal! Recipe from Pillsbury.
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked instant brown rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 (4 ounce) boneless pork loin chops, cut into thin bite-size strips
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) canprogresso light vegetable and rice soup
- 1 tablespoon stir-fry sauce
- 1 cup fresh snow pea pods
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- In 1-quart saucepan, cook rice in water as directed on package, omitting butter.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch nonstick skillet, place pork, mushrooms and onion; sprinkle with garlic powder. Cook over high heat 4 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until pork begins to brown.
- Stir in soup and stir-fry sauce; heat to boiling.
- Stir in pea pods. Cook over high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pea pods are crisp-tender.
- Serve pork mixture over rice; sprinkle with almonds.