Recipe by dicentra
Cooking Light 2003
Top Review by loof
What a satisfying and flavorful salad! I don't care for raw onion so left it out and used some thinly-sliced celery instead for that little crunch. I let the pork and the pineapple/veggies sit in the "marinade" for about 30 minutes so they would soak up some of that great flavor. Used the spinach as the greens and really enjoyed - thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, undrained
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced pickled jalapeno pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bottled minced fresh ginger
- 1 (1 lb) pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 8 cups trimmed arugula (about 4 ounces) or 8 cups spinach (about 4 ounces)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1 tablespoon juice. Discard remaining pineapple juice. Set pineapple aside.
- Combine reserved pineapple juice, lime juice, fish sauce, sugar, and garlic.
- Place reserved pineapple chunks, onion, and the next 4 ingredients (onion through ginger) in a large bowl.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons lime juice mixture over onion mixture; toss gently. Combine remaining lime juice mixture with pork, stirring well.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork, and sauté 3 minutes or until done.
- Add pork to onion mixture; toss well. Serve over arugula.