Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
You will not believe how good this tastes after you find out how quick it is! The recipe is from 15-Minute Low-Carb Recipes by Dana Carpender. I used a Vietnamese chili garlic sauce instead of anything called "paste" because my grocery quit carrying the one with the garlic included. I wouldn't go so far as to call the onion "optional," but I left it out because I had none left, so if you are on a strict carb limit or hate onions, you will still love this without it. The book lists 6 g carbs & 1 g fiber (just in case the computer can't tabulate one of the ingredients).
- 1 lb boneless pork loin
- 1⁄2 head cabbage
- 1 small onion
- 3 -4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon black bean sauce
- 1 -2 tablespoon garlic and red chile paste
- Slice the pork loin in very thin strips (or as thin as you can manage). Slice the cabbage 1/2 inch thick then cut crosswise a couple of times. Thinly slice the onion.
- Heat oil in a large skillet (or a wok if you're lucky enough to have one). Add the pork to the hot skillet and stir-fry 3 to 5 minutes. Add the cabbage and onion and stir fry until tender-crisp. Stir in the black bean sauce and chili garlic paste.
Indeed quick, easy and delicious! I love stir-fried cabbage and this made a meal of it. Yum. Thanks for posting.
i thought this was a great receipt w/ a nice, authentic presentation. i used about 1-2 tbsps. sesame oil instead of the peanut oil, which i thought gave it a very nice flavor. my husband and my parents loved it and asked for the recipe. i will definitely make this again!