Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a microwave recipe and an adoptee. I haven't tried it yet.
- 1 lb boneless pork shoulder (pork shoulder should be cut into 1/4-inch strips)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons imported soy sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can bean sprouts, drained
- 2 cups Chinese cabbage, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water, cold
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Mix pork, 1/2 c water, the orange juice, salt, pepper and soy sauce in 2-quart casserole.
- Cover and microwave on medium (50%) until pork is tender, 16 to 20 minutes, stirring every 3 minutes.
- Stir in drained water chestnuts, bean sprouts and cabbage.
- Cover and microwave on high (100%) until cabbage is crisp tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Blend cornstarch and 1 T cold water in 4 c glass measure.
- Drain juices from meat mixture into cornstarch mixture; stir well.
- Microwave on high (100%) until mixture boils and thickens, 3 to 4 minutes, stirring every minute or so.
- Pour over meat and vegetables.
- Sprinkle with onions and serve over the hot rice.