Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
A light, healthy and flovourful chicken dish. Originall from Super Food Ideas magazine.
Make and share this Asian poached chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 liter chicken stock
- 1 liter water
- 1⁄2 cup oyster sauce
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 4 star anise
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 (3 cm) piece ginger, chopped
- 2 coriander roots, bruised
- 2 -4 chicken breasts
- 1 (1 1/2 cm) piece ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red chile, finely chopped
- Combine all ingredients up to (and including) coriander roots in a large saucepan or deep frying pan.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce heat.
- Add chicken, simmering until cooked.
- Blend together remaining ginger, garlic and chilli until well combined.
- Add a little liquid and pour over chicken, to serve.