1/1 Photo of Asian Plum Sauce for Canning
1 hr 30 mins
This is a sweet and sour condiment. Use it in Chinese cuisine as a dip for deep-fried dishes, such as spring rolls, egg rolls, pork, noodles, and deep-fried tofu as well as for roast duck or chicken. It is made from sweet tart plums along with sugar, vinegar, ginger and chilies.
My Private Note
8 ounce ...
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups pitted chopped red plums
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup vinegar, 5% acidity
- 1 small onion (1/2 cup minced)
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried chili pepper flakes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Thai basil or 1 tablespoon tarragon, minced
- 1 tablespoon basil, minced
- 1Place all ingredients in a large heavy bottom pan bring to boil stirring until thick and syrupy 1 1/2 hours when it reaching 215 F degrees.
- 2Fill sterilized jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Wipe rims and place lids and rings and process 15 minutes. Shut flame off, remove lid and leave for 5 more minutes.
- 3Remove to a towel-lined counter to cool in a draft free spot.
- 4Remove rings and wipe clean, label and place in storage in a cool, dark place.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Plum Sauce for Canning
Serving Size: 1 (1889 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 520.4
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 423.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 130.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 124.4 g
- Protein 2.6 g