Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Tangy beans and carrots flavored with ginger, lemongrass, garlic, cilantro and spices.
- 1133.98 g mixed fresh picked carrots and beans
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 red chili, thinly sliced
- 14.79-29.58 ml lemongrass, slices
- 14.79-29.58 ml ginger, sliced thin
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 4 allspice
- 10 peppercorns
- 473.18 ml water
- 946.36 ml vinegar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml tamari soy sauce
- 1 small bunch cilantro, rough chopped
- Trim beans to fit jar and slice carrots to match the beans.
- Cook carrots and beans in hot water for 3 minutes then drain.
- Pack them into hot sterilized jars.
- In a pot heat remaining ingredients and simmer 5 minutes.
- Pour over carrots and beans being sure to distribute the goodness in the vinegar mixture among the jars equally.
- Wipe rims adjust rings and process for 15 minute in hot water covering jars by 1-2 inches.
- Check sealing after 12 hours. remove rings and wipe jars,Label and store a week before enjoying.