Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Tangy beans and carrots flavored with ginger, lemongrass, garlic, cilantro and spices.
Make and share this Asian Pickled Green Beans and Carrot Sticks recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs mixed fresh picked carrots and beans
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 red chili, thinly sliced
- 1 -2 tablespoon lemongrass, slices
- 1 -2 tablespoon ginger, sliced thin
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 allspice
- 10 peppercorns
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon tamari soy sauce
- 1 small bunch cilantro, rough chopped
- Trim beans to fit jar and slice carrots to match the beans.
- Cook carrots and beans in hot water for 3 minutes then drain.
- Pack them into hot sterilized jars.
- In a pot heat remaining ingredients and simmer 5 minutes.
- Pour over carrots and beans being sure to distribute the goodness in the vinegar mixture among the jars equally.
- Wipe rims adjust rings and process for 15 minute in hot water covering jars by 1-2 inches.
- Check sealing after 12 hours. remove rings and wipe jars,Label and store a week before enjoying.