Prep 35 mins
Cook 10 mins
From B&G canning mag. Easy to make, and stored direct in fridge for three months.
Make and share this Asian Pickled Carrots(Ginger) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb carrot, 3/4-inch bias-sliced (halave any thick carrots lengthwise)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup fresh ginger, peeled and julienned
- 3 whole allspice
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 4 whole cloves
- 4 whole black peppercorns
- In a covered large sauce pan, cook carrots with salt in a small amount of boiling water for about 3 minutes or until crip-tender, drain.
- Pack carrots into three sterilized 8 oz jars. Divide fresh ginger between the jars, place one whole allspice in each jar.
- In small sauce pan, combine water, vinegar, sugar, cloves and peppercorns. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Poor hot vinegar mixture over carrots. Wipe rims, add lids and store in fridge up to 3 months.