Prep 35 mins
Cook 1 hr
A simple recipe for those craving asian cusine.
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 1⁄2 cup pecan halves, toasted,chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 lb medium shrimp, cleaned,cooked and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Mix rice, pecans, green onions and shrimp in large bowl.
- Whisk teriyaki sauce and oil.
- Pour over rice mixture, tossing to coat well.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
Really enjoyed this simple salad. I added a little extra teriyaki sauce and skipped the oil (used my favorite, Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki). Used jasmine rice and added a good amount of crushed red pepper--loved the kick it gave, but then I like spicy, so I thought the salad definitely benefited from the addition. I followed the recipe otherwise and enjoyed the pecans, but think next time I may sub peanuts, as I think I would prefer them here. A great start, just needed a little tweaking for my personal preferences. Thanks for posting!