Recipe by FloridaNative
This recipe is from my favorite chef, Nathan Lyon. I saw him make this on his program and just had to get the recipe, it looked so good. Prep time = cook time.
Top Review by Sweet Baboo
Last night I served this salad to start the meal, composed on individual plates with the dressing drizzled on top. It was visually appealing, as well as delicious, and everyone raved. I used tiny organic spinach greens, a mild creamy blue cheese, and a generous amount of the optional roasted pecans (which should not be optional IMHO).
- 1 Asian pear, peeled and medium dice
- 1 head radicchio, core removed, sliced thin
- 473.18 ml baby greens (beet greens, spinach, or arugula)
- 59.14 ml crumbled blue cheese
- toasted pecans, crushed (optional)
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 3.69 ml Dijon mustard
- 14.79 ml apple cider vinegar
- 1.23 ml sugar or 1.23 ml honey
- kosher salt (to taste)
- fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 2 shallots, small dice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine the Asian pear, radicchio, baby greens, blue cheese, and pecans.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, Dijon mustard, sugar (or honey), pinch of salt, and a few good grinds of pepper.
- Add the shallots to the vinaigrette then set aside.
- When serving, dress the greens lightly, season to taste, and serve immediately.