This recipe is from my favorite chef, Nathan Lyon. I saw him make this on his program and just had to get the recipe, it looked so good. Prep time = cook time.
- 1 Asian pear, peeled and medium dice
- 1⁄2 head radicchio, core removed, sliced thin
- 2 cups baby greens (beet greens, spinach, or arugula)
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- toasted pecans, crushed (optional)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar or 1⁄4 teaspoon honey
- kosher salt (to taste)
- fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 2 shallots, small dice
- In a large bowl combine the Asian pear, radicchio, baby greens, blue cheese, and pecans.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, Dijon mustard, sugar (or honey), pinch of salt, and a few good grinds of pepper.
- Add the shallots to the vinaigrette then set aside.
- When serving, dress the greens lightly, season to taste, and serve immediately.