Prep 4 mins
Cook 4 mins
A recipe given to me years ago by an old friend. This can also be adapted to stovetop cooking.
- 1 (6 ounce) package frozen pea pods
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 dash pepper
- Microwave pea pods in 1-qt. covered glass casserole for 2 minutes, or until thawed.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Microwave,uncovered, 4 minutes, or until pea pods are crisp tender.
- Stir again, adjust seasonings if necessary, and serve.
This recipe was a life saver. I had everything in the pantry and it came together beautifully. Quick and easy, my kind of recipe. thanks.