Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is one of the Asian style - actually Chinese style - pasta soups. It is flavorful and healthy; low fat, low calories. Good for a meal."
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 ounces angel hair pasta, broken into 2-inch lengths (about 1 cup)
- 1⁄2 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 ounces snow peas, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons french's* honey dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon frank's* redhot* original cayenne pepper sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Remove and discard stems from mushrooms. Cut mushrooms into thin strips.
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; stir-fry 3 - 4 minutes or just until tender.
- Add broth and water to suacepan. Heat to boiling. Stir in pasta. Cook 2 minutes or just until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients, stirring frequently. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 2 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and peas are tender.