Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Chicken and pasta salad with an asian style dressing. Concocted from a few other similar recipes (uses the sauce from #40882).
- 1 chicken breast
- 300 g dried short pasta (penne, bow-tie, shells, elbow, spiralli etc)
- 1 small red pepper
- 1 small green pepper
- 1 cup peas
- 1⁄2-1 cup unsalted cashews (depending on taste)
- 1 (130 g) can corn kernels (drained)
- 1 (130 g) can peaches (drained)
- 3 tablespoons water (or better, chicken stock)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- black pepper
- Cook pasta according to packet directions, allow to cool.
- Grill, barbecue or poach the chicken breast until cooked through (approx 15 mins), allow to cool, then cut into bite-size pieces.
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together.
- Put cooled pasta in a bowl and add 3 tblsp of the dressing and mix thoroughly.
- Add the rest of the salad ingredients and mix well.
- Add the rest of the dressing and mix well.