Prep 7 mins
Cook 8 mins
This recipe was in Cooking Light Magazine. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds very interesting.
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1 (8 ounce) package chinese noodles
- 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 (10 ounce) package cabbage coleslaw blend
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add Almonds, sunflower seed kernels, and noodles to pan. Cook 3 minutes or until lightly toasted stirring frequently.
- Combine vinegar, broth, sugar, oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl, stirring with whisk.
- Combine toasted noodle mixture, green onions and slaw in a large bowl. Add vinegar mixture, tossing well to combine.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Forgot to mention that this is low sodium which is very important to me. A definite make again.