Recipe by lauralie41
Vegetarian Recipes From Around The World website, courtesy of Karen C. Greenlee - email@example.com, is where this easy and quick pasta salad can be found. The recipe will also be included in the Zaar World Tour 2005 swap, Asian tour
Top Review by gnet
dh loved this salad! being the end of summer, i was tired of making the same old thing: macaroni salad or italian pasta salad. this has a great asian flavor. i did read the reviews and so added/omitted some things: i added more noodles by half (so glad i did; but also increased the sauce by half as well, glad i did this, too), added 3/4 tsp red pepper flakes instead of the hot sauce (great flavor, but spicy, maybe use less), and added approx 1/2 tsp ground ginger. i didn't blanch or steam the veggies, as others suggested; but instead stir-fried the veggies (it's an asian salad...right?!) and loved that. finally, i think i might try crushed peanuts instead of sesame seeds next time. i think it would add a great flavor (where the sesame seeds did not add much).
- 226.79 g dry linguine
- 709.77 ml broccoli florets
- 12 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 4 green onions (sliced)
- 2 large carrots (sliced diagonally)
- 59.14 ml soy sauce
- 29.58 ml sesame seeds (toasted)
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml dark sesame oil
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 1.23 ml hot sauce
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large pot with boiling water, cook pasta.
- Drain, rinse pasta with cold water and let drain again. Place pasta in a large salad bowl, add broccoli, next 3 ingredients and toss well.
- In a small bowl or jar with lid, combine soy sauce and remaining 6 ingredients. Whisk together or cover tightly and shake vigorously. Pour mixture over pasta and toss gently.