Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Vegetarian Recipes From Around The World website, courtesy of Karen C. Greenlee - email@example.com, is where this easy and quick pasta salad can be found. The recipe will also be included in the Zaar World Tour 2005 swap, Asian tour
- 8 ounces dry linguine
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 12 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 4 green onions (sliced)
- 2 large carrots (sliced diagonally)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (toasted)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- In large pot with boiling water, cook pasta.
- Drain, rinse pasta with cold water and let drain again. Place pasta in a large salad bowl, add broccoli, next 3 ingredients and toss well.
- In a small bowl or jar with lid, combine soy sauce and remaining 6 ingredients. Whisk together or cover tightly and shake vigorously. Pour mixture over pasta and toss gently.
dh loved this salad! being the end of summer, i was tired of making the same old thing: macaroni salad or italian pasta salad. this has a great asian flavor. i did read the reviews and so added/omitted some things: i added more noodles by half (so glad i did; but also increased the sauce by half as well, glad i did this, too), added 3/4 tsp red pepper flakes instead of the hot sauce (great flavor, but spicy, maybe use less), and added approx 1/2 tsp ground ginger. i didn't blanch or steam the veggies, as others suggested; but instead stir-fried the veggies (it's an asian salad...right?!) and loved that. finally, i think i might try crushed peanuts instead of sesame seeds next time. i think it would add a great flavor (where the sesame seeds did not add much).
Yum...loved it! Added more veggies and doubled the dressing. great the first night, but even better as it aged.
Very delicious and healthy salad. Great for using leftover noodles as well. I doubled the sauce just to really bring out the flavors of your wonderful dressing. Will be making this again soon.