Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Source: Boston Globe Food Section, 6/24/98. A nice addition to your barbecue recipe collection. Prep time does not include marinating time.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange zest
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh gingerroot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (may use more)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Mix together soy sauce, zest, juice, ginger, and garlic in a small bowl. Pour over steak in a shallow bowl or pie plate or ziplock bag; cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to 24 hours.
- Prepare grill. Remove steak from marinade, pat dry, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Discard marinade. Place steak approximately 6 inches from heat and cook for 5 minute each side (or mroe depending upon thickness of steak and how you like your steak cooked).