1 hr 45 mins
I cut this out of the New Orleans TIMES PICAYUNE. Note that the chicken needs to marinate for 4 hours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 1/2 lb) chicken, cut up or 3 1/2 lbs bone-in skin-on chicken pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons peeled minced ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced (white and light green parts)
- orange slice
- 1Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- 2Season with salt and pepper.
- 3Place in single layer in shallow 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish.
- 4Combine juice, sherry, mustard, soy sauce, ginger and garlic in a medium bowl and whisk together with a fork.
- 5Pour all but 1/2 cup of the marinade over the chicken.
- 6Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- 7Refrigerate reserved marinade.
- 8Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 9Take chicken out of marinade, shaking off excess and lightly patting with a paper towel.
- 10Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and then grease.
- 11Place chicken in a single layer on the sheet.
- 12Bake 1 hour, basting occasionally with reserved marinade.
- 13Remove from oven and place cooked chicken on a platter.
- 14Cool slightly, then cover with foil and refrigerate.
- 15Serve cold, garnished with scallions and orange slices.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Orange Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (567 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1071.4
- Calories from Fat 547
- Total Fat 60.7 g
- Saturated Fat 17.2 g
- Cholesterol 297.6 mg
- Sodium 1216.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 40.7 g
- Protein 79.1 g