Recipe by -Patrish
I cut this out of the New Orleans TIMES PICAYUNE. Note that the chicken needs to marinate for 4 hours.
- 1 (3 1/2 lb) chicken, cut up or 3 1⁄2 lbs bone-in skin-on chicken pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons peeled minced ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced (white and light green parts)
- orange slice
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place in single layer in shallow 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish.
- Combine juice, sherry, mustard, soy sauce, ginger and garlic in a medium bowl and whisk together with a fork.
- Pour all but 1/2 cup of the marinade over the chicken.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Refrigerate reserved marinade.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Take chicken out of marinade, shaking off excess and lightly patting with a paper towel.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and then grease.
- Place chicken in a single layer on the sheet.
- Bake 1 hour, basting occasionally with reserved marinade.
- Remove from oven and place cooked chicken on a platter.
- Cool slightly, then cover with foil and refrigerate.
- Serve cold, garnished with scallions and orange slices.