Recipe by Colorado Lauralee
This recipe comes from Taste of Home/Healthy Cooking. It sounds so-o-o-o good that I'm posting it here so as not to lose it. Let me know what you think when you try it.
Top Review by hspeer
This was good orange beef! My kids love asian food and this was a hit. I served it with chinese salad from the back of the China Boy Chow Mein Noodles bag and ommitted the chicken. Yummie.
- 3 large navel oranges
- 1 bunch green onion
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef top sirloin steaks, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely grate the peel from 2 oranges; set aside. Cut thin strips of orange peel from the remaining orange for garnish; set aside. Squeeze juice from all oranges. Cut onions to separate the white and green parts. Thinly slice the white parts; cut green parts into 1 inch lengths for garnish.
- For sauce, in a small bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in orange juice until smooth. Stir in the soy sauce, garlic, ginger, grated orange peel and white parts of onions; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok coated with cooking spray, stir fry beef in oil until no longer pink. Stir the sauce and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve with rice.
- Garnish with orange peel and remaining onions.