Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
5 points per serving
Make and share this Asian noodles with vegetables and shredded pork recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 lb pork tenderloin, cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 1⁄2 ounces thin rice noodles
- 8 cups hot water
- 1 small savoy cabbage, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- whisk together broth, cornstarch, soy sauce, sugar and sesame oil heat 1 tsp canola oil in large skillet over high heat, then add the pork.
- saute until browned, stir in the ginger and garlic.
- saute until fragrant about 1 minute.
- transfer to a bowl and wipe out the skillet.
- cook noodles according to pkg directions.
- heat the remaining 1 tsp canola oil in the skillet, then add the cabbage, mushrooms and carrots.
- cook until the cabbage begins to wilt and the veggies are tender.
- stir in the pork mixture and the broth mixture.
- bring to a boil stirring constantly.
- reduce heat and simmer, uncovered until the sauce begins to thicken about 2 min.
- stir in the noodles.
I added a Teaspoon of Thai Yellow Curry Paste and used a small Boc Choi cabbage, used 3 garlic cloves, and ensured the carrots were started sooner (3 or 4 minutes) before the cabbage and mushrooms. The carrots are not the same thickness as the cabbage and the mushrooms. This is a great meal. These minor changes should not change the cooking times much. Its a great meal. With the addition of the curry paste - this is a real Thai meal. Becareful that the noodles do not get too mushy or packed together when mixing them in with the rest of the meal. I will cook this again. Chris
This was wonderful and easy to prepare. Could be modified very easily for vegetarian diets with chicken. Thanks so much for posting.