Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a refreshing summer meal that does not take a long time to prepare. Chicken can be used instead of pork
- 2 cups uncooked penne or 2 cups spiral shaped pasta
- 1 cup broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1⁄2 cup button mushroom, halved
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 (3 ounce) package oriental-flavor instant ramen noodles
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, cut into narrow strips
- 2 red onions, slices quartered
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta until desired doneness.
- Drain, rinse with cool water to cool and drain again.
- Meanwhile in small bowl, mix vinegar, sugar 3 T oil and seasoning packet from soup mix.
- Whisk until blended and set aside.
- Heat rest of oil in non-stick skillet over high heat until hot.
- Add pork and stir fry 6-7 minutes or until brown.
- Remove meat and stir fry mushrooms and broccoli until tender crisp adding more oil if needed.
- In large bowl, combine pork, pasta, broccoli, mushrooms and red onion.
- Pour vinegar mix over salad and toss gently to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Just before serving, break ramen noodles into pieces.
- Add noodles and sesame seeds and toss.
- Sprinkle parmesan on top.
I made this as part of the Ready Set Cook Consolation Round game. The recipe doesn't indicate what type of oil to use, so I used dark sesame oil 'cause I love that flavor. Used 3 T sesame oil and 1 T regular vegetable oil. I would probably use all sesame oil in the future. I don't eat broccoli, so I subbed in a bunch of fresh bean sprouts. The dressing was especially good. I did not add any parmesan cheese at the end since that seemed out of place. I realize it was undoubtedly one of items from the RSC list at that time. This is very tasty and would also be good with shrimp rather than pork. Also would be good without meat as a pasta salad.