Recipe by Vegetarian Network Austin
This recipe was featured in our April/May 2001 newsletter.
Top Review by AcadiaTwo
Wow! This was scrumptious! I tripled the sauce and added a little corn starch to thicken it up a bit, plus I used frozen broccoli. I also marinated my tofu in sweet teriyaki sauce for 24-hours and cooked it in a separate skillet. Thanks for posting. Made for PAC Spring 2009.
- 1 lb broccoli
- 1 lb dry pasta (linguine or fettucine)
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil (toasted)
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1 lb firm tofu, drained and cut into cubes
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut broccoli into bite sized chunks.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Add broccoli and cook until crunchy tender, about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove broccoli with slotted spoon, rinse under cold water, and drain.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the sesame oil and olive oil in a skillet.
- Add the broccoli, tofu cubes, soy sauce, vinegar, and surgar, and stir fry for 30 seconds, then remove from heat.
- Drain the pasta and toss it with the broccoli mixture.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.