Recipe by MelanieG
I had a craving for stir fry but just couldn't seem to find a recipe made with veggies my family liked. Maybe its a combo your family likes too!
- 1 tablespoon sweet-hot mustard
- 1⁄4 cup tamari (dark soy sauce)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable stock or 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced very thinly
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 16 ounces linguine
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 2 small zucchini or 1 large zucchini, cut into large matchsticks
- 1 bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 large onion, sliced thinly into moons
- 1⁄2 cup snow peas
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Start water boiling for pasta.
- Combine mustard, tamari, chicken stock, and sesame oil and set aside.
- Heat a large non stick skillet over medium to medium high heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons veggie oil.
- Add crushed red pepper flakes to the oil, then the sliced chicken.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook chicken 2 minutes then turn.
- Add pasta to water when it starts to boil.
- Add veggies and ginger to chicken mixture and stir-fry until all are tender (approx 10 mins).
- When pasta is al dente drain and add to chicken-veggie mixture.
- Pour sauce over top of noodles and stir.
- Let cook for 1-2 mins or until sauce is absorbed.
- (I often make this with just 8 oz of noodles to"lighten" it up a bit- Still fabulous!).