Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 48 ounces chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 2 cups pea pods, trimmed and sliced
- 1 head bok choy, cleaned and chopped
- 1 cup water chestnut, sliced
- 1 cup bamboo shoot, sliced
- 5 ounces ham, julienned
- 4 ounces angel hair pasta
- Mix all ingredients, except noodles, in a soup pot.
- Simmer about 20 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Cook pasta according to package directions in a separate pot.
- Add drained noodles to soup right before serving.
i omitted the ham and used udon noodles. this soup had a bit too much ginger for my family, but it was an attractive first course for the asian style dinner i prepared.