Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
love me these asian soups. SO glad its winter.
- 8 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 100 g vermicelli rice noodles
- 100 g broccoli florets
- 8 tofu pockets, cut into strips
- 125 g bean sprouts
- 1 liter vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 spring onions
- basil, purple leaves to serve
- Place dried mushrooms in a bowl, cover with boiling water and soak for 15 minutes. Drain and reserve from of the liquid. Squeeze the mushrooms and discard the stems. Thinly slice the caps.
- Soak the vermicelli in boiling water for 5 minutes, drain.
- Divide the vermicelli, broccoli, tofu puffs and bean sprouts among the 4 serving bowls.
- Place the reserved liquid, stock, soy sauce and rice wine vinegar, spring onions and mushrooms in a sauce pan and bring to the boil. Cook covered for 10 minutes.
- Ladle the soup into the serving bowls and garnish with the fresh basil leaves.