Top Review by Bonnie G #2
Lovely recipe, I made it exaclty as directed and wouldn't change a thing. Loved the blend of spices with the beef and it all went together fast and fairly easy. The noodles are just that extra that makes it a complete meal, I may even try some other thai noodles next time. I wasn't real sure about the amount of water as it didn't list it in the directions and I used 1 cup which I think was a little to much as I had way to much left over. Next time would reduce that to about 1/2 cup. Made for "My 3 Chefs - 09"
- 1 1⁄2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 2-inch long strips
- 2⁄3 cup celery, sliced diagonally
- 1 cup carrot, slices
- 1 small onion, sliced into thin wedges
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh gingerroot, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless beef top sirloin steaks, cut to 1/4-in strips
- 2 (3 ounce) packages beef-flavor ramen noodles
- 4 cups reserved cooked vegetables
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add ginger root, garlic and vegetables to skillet; stir fry 5-6 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Toss soy sauce with hot vegetables and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet over med-high heat.
- Add beef, half at a time, and stir fry 1-2 minutes or until outside surface is no longer pink (do not overcook).
- Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Add water, bring to a boil.
- Remove noodles from package and break into pieces; stir into water along with seasoning packets.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- Simmer 3 minutes or until noodles are tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Return beef and add vegetables to skillet; heat through.