1/2 Photos of Asian Noodle Salad
I found this recipe online and have made it several times. It is a big hit. I tripled it the first time I made it, so I had to adjust all the recipe measurements to taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons hot red pepper flakes (to taste for your spicy level)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 3/4 lb thin linguine
- 1 cup coarsely shredded carrot
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 3 scallions or 3 green onions, cut crosswise into thirds and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1Stir together soy sauce, vinegar, oil, red pepper flakes, garlic, and ginger.
- 2Cook linguine in a large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, then drain in a colander and rinse under cold water until cool.
- 3Toss with dressing, carrot, scallions, red pepper, green pepper and sesame seeds in a large bowl.
- 4Cooks' note: Toast seeds in a dry heavy skillet over moderate heat, stirring until fragrant and a shade or two darker or toast in a shallow baking pan in a oven, 5 to 10 minutes.
- 5Do the night before to allow the salad to marinate.
- 6Store in a plastic container in the fridge and shake it occasionally to coat the entire salad.
- 7Some of the measurements should be adjusted to taste if you double or triple it (i.e., those who don't like the salty taste of soy sauce should decrease it).
- 8This is awesome and it is a real party and/or BBQ hit.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Noodle Salad
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 535.9
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1038.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 15.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
seasoned rice vinegar