Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe online and have made it several times. It is a big hit. I tripled it the first time I made it, so I had to adjust all the recipe measurements to taste.
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons hot red pepper flakes (to taste for your spicy level)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 3⁄4 lb thin linguine
- 1 cup coarsely shredded carrot
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 3 scallions or 3 green onions, cut crosswise into thirds and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- Stir together soy sauce, vinegar, oil, red pepper flakes, garlic, and ginger.
- Cook linguine in a large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, then drain in a colander and rinse under cold water until cool.
- Toss with dressing, carrot, scallions, red pepper, green pepper and sesame seeds in a large bowl.
- Cooks' note: Toast seeds in a dry heavy skillet over moderate heat, stirring until fragrant and a shade or two darker or toast in a shallow baking pan in a oven, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Do the night before to allow the salad to marinate.
- Store in a plastic container in the fridge and shake it occasionally to coat the entire salad.
- Some of the measurements should be adjusted to taste if you double or triple it (i.e., those who don't like the salty taste of soy sauce should decrease it).
- This is awesome and it is a real party and/or BBQ hit.
A GREAT find for the hot summer months! Cathy17, thanks for the recipe!
I wanted to love these noodles so much, but they were very bitter. If anyone has a remedy, that would be great!
Awesome, spicy cold noodle dish. We now make it all the time. One of the best!