Recipe by Anglo Mama in Israel
Fast and easy! Note: Don't allow the noodles to sit too long in the water or they start to dissolve.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 -3 cups mixed vegetables
- 6 ounces bean thread noodles (cellophane)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced scallion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh gingerroot
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth (or water T. vegetarian chicken soup powder)
- 1 tablespoon vegetarian chicken soup mix
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, soak the noodles in boiling water until soft and pliable.
- In the meantime, in a large nonstick pan, saute ginger, scallions and garlic in 1 T. olive oil and 2 T. soy sauce.
- Add vegetables and continue to saute until the vegetables are bright.
- Drain the noodles and add to the vegetable mix and stir well.
- Add the broth, the 1 T. soy sauce (or more if you like it) and the sugar and simmer the mixture, stirring occasionally for 3-5 minutes or until the noodles have absorbed the liquid.
- Serve hot or cold.