Anglo Mama in Israel's Note:
Fast and easy! Note: Don't allow the noodles to sit too long in the water or they start to dissolve.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 -3 cups mixed vegetables
- 6 ounces bean thread noodles (cellophane)
- 1/2 cup sliced scallion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh gingerroot
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth (or water T. vegetarian chicken soup powder)
- 1 tablespoon vegetarian chicken soup mix
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1In a large bowl, soak the noodles in boiling water until soft and pliable.
- 2In the meantime, in a large nonstick pan, saute ginger, scallions and garlic in 1 T. olive oil and 2 T. soy sauce.
- 3Add vegetables and continue to saute until the vegetables are bright.
- 4Drain the noodles and add to the vegetable mix and stir well.
- 5Add the broth, the 1 T. soy sauce (or more if you like it) and the sugar and simmer the mixture, stirring occasionally for 3-5 minutes or until the noodles have absorbed the liquid.
- 6Serve hot or cold.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Noodle Salad
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.6
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 882.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetarian chicken soup mix