Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 hrs
The hot sesame oil gives this recipe an authentic taste, even if the miracle whip is a bit unconventional. A great summer potluck or buffet dish.
- 1 lb vermicelli
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄8 cup hot pepper sesame oil
- snow peas
- shredded carrot
- bell pepper
- water chestnut
- baby corn
- bamboo shoot
- chunks cooked chicken (optional) or cooked shrimp (optional)
- (The sesame oil I use just says "hot sesame oil" on the bottle, but zaar doesn't recognize that name.).
- Boil the pasta according to package directions. (You can use any pasta you like.).
- Combine the miracle whip, soy sauce, and hot sesame oil.
- Toss the noodles with the dressing, then toss in the vegetables and chicken/shrimp if desired.
- Let sit overnight. (This is important! The flavors blend, the sauce changes consistency, and the pasta and veggies soak up the flavor.).
- (Servings below reflects use as a side-dish. Can also be used as a main dish. To improve the nutritional profile, use light Miracle Whip, low-sodium soy sauce, and Barilla Plus pasta, all of which work well in this dish).