Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This salad is lower in fat and somewhat healthier than most. It needs to to be refrigerated about 2 hours prior to serving. The recipe is from a Betty Crocker cookbooklet, March 1994.
- 6 ounces Chinese egg noodles
- 4 -5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons ginger, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Cook the noodles as directed on package, omit salt if called for; drain.
- Toss the noodles with remaining ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate until well chilled; about 2 hours.
I liked the flavor combinations in this salad. I LOVE Asian food, but most of my favorites are pretty unhealthy, so this recipe was a great find. It was a little dry...it seemed as if the noodles sucked up all the liquid, so next time I would increase the liquids or decrease the noodles. Also, all of the green onions ended up at the bottom of the bowl. I think sprinkling them on top the finished product would work better than mixing them into the dressing. I think with these changes, this would be a 5 star dish! Thanks!