Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found in Betty Crocker Quick Fixes 2007
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 onion (cut in thin wedges)
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper (chopped)
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 10 ounces curly chinese noodles
- 14 ounces baby sweet corn cobs (drained)
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts (chopped)
- Mix barbecue sauce, hoisin sauce, peanut butter, and cayenne; set aside.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat 1-2 minutes. Cook onion, & bell pepper, in oil 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in broccoli & 3/4C water. Cover and cook 4-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, fill 4quart dutch oven about 1/2 full with water, add salt. Cover and heat to boiling over high heat. Add noodles, heat to boiling.
- Boil uncovered 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently, until noodles are tender.
- While noodles are cooking, stir corn, and sauce mixture into veggies mixture. Cook uncovered 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mixture is hot and bubbly.
- Drain noodles. Divide noodles among 4 individual serving bowls. Spoon veggie mixture over noodles. Sprinkle with peanuts.
This was easy to prepare and inexpensive. However, the family did not like it. Way to much bbq sauce, I used all the ingredients exactly as called for but none of us finished our serving. I don't know how to tweak it to make it better.