Recipe by Chef 'Diva Divine
Found in Betty Crocker Quick Fixes 2007
Top Review by MacV
This was easy to prepare and inexpensive. However, the family did not like it. Way to much bbq sauce, I used all the ingredients exactly as called for but none of us finished our serving. I don't know how to tweak it to make it better.
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 onion (cut in thin wedges)
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper (chopped)
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 10 ounces curly chinese noodles
- 14 ounces baby sweet corn cobs (drained)
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts (chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix barbecue sauce, hoisin sauce, peanut butter, and cayenne; set aside.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat 1-2 minutes. Cook onion, & bell pepper, in oil 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in broccoli & 3/4C water. Cover and cook 4-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, fill 4quart dutch oven about 1/2 full with water, add salt. Cover and heat to boiling over high heat. Add noodles, heat to boiling.
- Boil uncovered 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently, until noodles are tender.
- While noodles are cooking, stir corn, and sauce mixture into veggies mixture. Cook uncovered 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mixture is hot and bubbly.
- Drain noodles. Divide noodles among 4 individual serving bowls. Spoon veggie mixture over noodles. Sprinkle with peanuts.