Prep 25 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is really light and crisp. I made it for a Chinese potluck party and it was a hit. Cooking time is chilling time. From Better Homes & Gardens.
- 1 medium cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 236.59 ml snow peas, cut up
- 59.14 ml rice vinegar
- 14.79 ml salad oil
- 9.85 ml toasted sesame oil
- 2.46 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 946.36 ml Chinese cabbage, shredded (Napa cabbage)
- 118.29 ml honey-roasted peanuts or 118.29 ml dry roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- In a large bowl combine cucumber and pea pods. For dressing, in a small bowl stir together vinegar, salad oil, sesame oil, sugar, salt, and crushed red pepper. Pour dressing over cucumber and pea pods, stirring to coat. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Stir Chinese cabbage into cucumber mixture. Sprinkle with nuts. Makes 8 servings.
This was very good! I don't like nuts so omitted those, I used black sesame seeds instead, doubled the red pepper flakes and when serving added Sriracha hot sauce and this was very much enjoyed. I served this initially with teriyaki salmon but the next day I had a catfish filet left over, so I topped the filet with this salad on a bun and had a great lite lunch. This salad has endless possibilities.
This was good. I liked the flavor and would probably make it again. I think it would be better with some green or red peppers added to the vegetable mix. I used cashews instead of peanuts. Reviewed for PAC 2008