1/1 Photo of Asian Mushroom Soup
Shiitakes are a great source of vitamin D and are thought to aid digestion. This recipe comes from the food coach.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cover shiitake in a bowl with 1 cup hot water. Let stand for 20 minutes.
- 2Add the soaking water to a saucepan with 6 cups water, 1 spring onion, ginger, star anise, mirin and tamari.
- 3Bring to the boil slowly and add the carrots and sliced shiitake (stems removed).
- 4Cook gently for 10-15 minutes.
- 5Add bok choy and cook a further 2 minutes.
- 6Remove ginger and star anise.
- 7Place into serving bowls and add 1 tsp chopped coriander and 1 tsp chopped shallots. Serve.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Mushroom Soup
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 37.3
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 842.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: