Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I found this recipe on the Whole Foods website when I was looking for a good dish to use up some extra mushrooms, to be served alongside Japanese-Style Crispy Pork, #420555. It turned out so good that I'm posting it here for others to enjoy. If the mushrooms are sliced 1/4-thick or more, they will still be a little firm. If you like them well-cooked you can just cut them a little thinner.
- 473.18 ml fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced thick (I used some leftover button mushrooms)
- 29.58 ml chicken or 29.58 ml vegetable broth
- 14.79 ml minced fresh ginger
- 2 medium garlic cloves, chopped very fine
- 236.59 ml coarsely chopped green onion
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- white pepper
- Slice mushrooms, and chop garlic and green onions.
- Simmer ginger, garlic, mushrooms and green onions in broth for about 4 minutes on medium-high heat.
- Season with soy sauce, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve.