Top Review by Bobbiebaby24
This turned out really well! I did tweak it quite a bit. I made it with the intention to freeze it, so I left out the shrimp, tofu, spinach, and the bamboo shoots. I only used two 32 oz chicken broth , which were reduced sodium. I also used one large 52 oz bag of oriental vegetables. It's very flavorful!
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh garlic
- 1 gallon chicken broth, plus
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) package firm tofu, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) can straw mushrooms
- 1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots, drained
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 (16 ounce) bags frozen oriental-style vegetables
- 1 lb peeled shrimp
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 (10 ounce) package spinach, trimmed and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot heat oil over medium heat.
- Add the ginger and garlic and cook until tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Combine 1-cup broth with the cornstarch and blend until smooth.
- Pour the cornstarch mixture into the pot and add the remaining broth, tofu, mushrooms, bamboo shoots, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Bring the soup to a boil and cook until thickened.
- Add the frozen vegetables, shrimp and cilantro.
- Simmer until shrimp is just opaque, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and cook until just wilted.
- They say if you eat a full pot every 2 to 3 days, that is all you need to drop pounds fast.