Recipe by Chef Kate
Dallas' Asian Mint chef-owner Nikky Phinyawatana says the essence of Thai cooking is the sweet/salty/spicy/sour balance which is exemplified in this really delicious dish. By way of the Dallas Morning News.
Top Review by Thymestudio
Had this for lunch today....I cant stop thinking about it. SO good, wonderful blend of flavors. This recipe is now in my favorites collection I cant wait to make it again....and again.
- 473.18 ml coconut milk (divided use)
- 14.79 ml red curry paste (Mae Ploy)
- 226.79 g medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 236.59 ml water (less for a thick curry)
- 473.18 ml canned bamboo shoots, drained
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 29.58 ml Thai fish sauce
- 4.92 ml Thai fish sauce
- 1.23 ml salt (or to taste)
- 0 red bell pepper, sliced
- 0 green bell pepper, sliced
- 78.07 ml asian sweet basil
- steamed rice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, bring half the coconut milk to a slow boil, stirring constantly. Add the curry paste and shrimp, stir well, and cook until done, about 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining coconut milk, water, bamboo shoots, sugar, paprika and fish sauce, and bring to a boil slowly.
- Add salt.
- Add bell peppers and basil leaves, and remove from heat. Serve immediately over steamed rice.