1/2 Photos of Asian Mint's Thai Red Curry With Shrimp
Chef Kate's Note:
Dallas' Asian Mint chef-owner Nikky Phinyawatana says the essence of Thai cooking is the sweet/salty/spicy/sour balance which is exemplified in this really delicious dish. By way of the Dallas Morning News.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups coconut milk (divided use)
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste (Mae Ploy)
- 1/2 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup water (less for a thick curry)
- 2 cups canned bamboo shoots, drained
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon Thai fish sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/4 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1/3 cup asian sweet basil
- steamed rice
- 1In a large pot, bring half the coconut milk to a slow boil, stirring constantly. Add the curry paste and shrimp, stir well, and cook until done, about 5 minutes.
- 2Add the remaining coconut milk, water, bamboo shoots, sugar, paprika and fish sauce, and bring to a boil slowly.
- 3Add salt.
- 4Add bell peppers and basil leaves, and remove from heat. Serve immediately over steamed rice.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Mint's Thai Red Curry With Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (681 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 797.5
- Calories from Fat 496
- Total Fat 55.1 g
- Saturated Fat 47.0 g
- Cholesterol 172.8 mg
- Sodium 2237.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.0 g
- Sugars 37.2 g
- Protein 36.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red curry paste