Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs 30 mins
I do not remember where I found this wonderfull pork recipe for the grill, but it is worth trying! Cooking time includes marination time.
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin
- 1⁄3 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup fresh spearmint, minced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed hot pepper
- vegetable oil
- Combine everything except the tenderloin and the vegetable oil.
- Mix well.
- Place tenderloin in a large resealable bag.
- Pour marinade over top.
- Turn to coat.
- Refrigerator for 8 hours.
- Preheat grill and coat grates in vegetable oil.
- Remove tenderloins from marinade and place on grill over medium high heat.
- Grill for 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Baste with mariande after 10 minutes then discard remaining mariande.
- Remove from grill when done, let sit for 5 minutes, then carve into thin slices.
This was outstanding. I especially liked the hint of spearmint. I will cook this again in the future. Chef#220151