Recipe by BrendaM
I got this recipe from an egg recipes pamphlet from our supermarket. These are great served with stir fried vegetables and rice. You can adjst the "heat" level of the loaves by using black pepper instead of red pepper flakes, for a milder taste.
Top Review by CandyCutie
My family and I really enjoyed this recipe (even my 4 year old). I used white onion and fine cracker crumbs, garlic powder and black pepper. When putting on plates I sliced each loaf in half and put steamed vegetables between the halves. Very colorful.
- 1 lb ground chicken or 1 lb turkey
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce or 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ground chicken, green onions, garlic, chili sauce, soy sauce, bread crumbs ginger root and pepper flakes and mix well.
- Divide into four portions.
- Shape chicken mixture around eggs until completely enclosed.
- Place on greased baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees F for aboaut 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside.