Recipe by Ex-Pat Mama
Adapted from Nomnompaleo. The original calls for ground beef only. I decided to use half beef and half pork - it tastes Asianier. And, of course, I adapted the recipe for the Thermomix which makes all things better brighter and easier in the kitchen!
- 8 shiitake mushrooms
- 1 shallot, peeled
- 200 g sweet potatoes, rough chopped
- 5 g cilantro
- 30 g tomato paste, Thermomix Tomato Paste - No Added Sugar
- 15 g fish sauce
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 500 g ground beef
- 500 g ground pork
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all veggies in the TM bowl, Hit turbo 2 or 3 times until all the ingredients are minced.
- Add tomato paste, fish sauce, salt and pepper. Mix 15 seconds/reverse speed 2.
- Tip this mixture into a large bowl. Add the meat and mix by hand until the veggies are completely incorporated into the meat. Form into meatballs - I usually get 36-42.
- Place the meatballs on the steaming trays. Add 1 liter water to the Thermomix bowl. Steam 25 minutes/varoma temperature/speed soft.